Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Tribute to Taco Tuesday


Long long ago, when I was in college, we used to celebrate once a week in the name of Taco Tuesday. For me, it was an excuse to invite my good friends over and indulge in the many wonders of endless salsa, beer, and laughing. But before Taco Tuesday was born, there was Emily's salsa . And before Emily's salsa...well, that's just it. I can truthfully say that making my first batch of fresh salsa was the turning point in my life as I know it now. So thank you Emily for giving me the gift of salsa. And for the infamous quote "Don't forget the garlic". There are many others that have shaped where I am today and as my stories unfold, you will get to meet them all!

P.s. That beautiful picture you are looking at is the founders of Taco Tuesday.

Now fast forward to 2010. College is long gone and so are the wondrous days of Taco Tuesday in San Luis Obispo, CA. But the spirit of Taco Tuesday lives on in me. You see, the idea of creating delicious food and sharing it with people I care about comes naturally to me. But now I have a new challenge. And this challenge is what has inspired me to start this blog. I have gained an immense amount of knowledge since leaving college (go figure!) and am finally ready to share it with others...in the same way that I enjoy sharing food!


The Sustainable Taco Tuesday Challenge: To create healthy recipes I can share with others that is both sustainable and nourishing for people and for the planet. I'll do my best to post every Tuesday, in honor of Taco Tuesday!

So if you are interested in being a part of this movement towards a healthy food system that supports the earth, supports the body and soul, and tastes great, then you're welcome to keep reading my blogs!

In good health,

Zelda F.
Food Enthusiast Extraordinaire

3 comments:

  1. I love the first post...but it's not Tuesday!

    Happy Taco Thursday?! :) Miss you and hope all is well.

    PS...my roommates and I make tacos approx. once a week. I'll try and move that to Tuesdays in honor of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... I'd really like that salsa recipe!

    ReplyDelete